Sunday, May 20, 2012

Reading list


I am planning to read at least 12 books this year.  One book per month if time will allow it. To some people, it will only take a week or so to finish reading 12 books. But with my hectic schedule, I doubt if I will be able to accomplish at least one novel in one month. Quite impossible, really. :)

So far, here are some of the books that I've read from January to May 2012:
  1. Trese by Budjette Tan (all 3 books)
  2. Amapola sa 65 na Kabanata by Ricky Lee
  3. Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
  4. It's a Mens World by Bebang Siy
Quite an achievement for 5 months. But, I've had the opportunity to finish five novels only because we've had plenty of non-working Holidays  since February 2012.

...and I'm currently reading the following books (Yes, fellow bloggers. You've got it right. I am reading these books, "simultaneously" [but by schedule, of course] and I hope to finish them all on or before  my birthday in July. :-p) :
  1. Before Ever After by Samantha Sotto--I've been reading this novel since January. My goodness! It's a nice book but I just borrowed it from my officemate and so, I cannot bring it home because I'm afraid to curl up its pages and I might get it dirty. I only get to read this book in some mornings while eating breakfast in our office.
  2. Kapitan Sino by Bob Ong--almost done :)
  3. Lumayo Ka Nga Sa Akin by Bob Ong--almost done as well :)
  4. The Devil and Miss Prym by Paulo Coehlo
...and before the year ends, I hope to finish these books:
  1. Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
  2. Bag of Bones by Stephen King
  3. Fragile Things by Neil Gaiman
  4. Ang Kagila-gilalas na Pakikipagsapalaran ni Zsazsa Zaturnnah by Carlo Vergara
I also hope to buy the following books (notice that most of the books from the list are written by one of my favorite authors, Haruki Murakami. I'm currently addicted to his works.) :

  1. 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami--Ultimate must have! It's quite expensive. But, I want one! Waah! :'((
  2. Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami--I have watched the movie and I really, really liked it so, I am planning to buy the book. :)
  3. The Wind-up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami
  4. Mga Kaibigan ni Mama Susan by Bob Ong 
  5. Bourne Legacy by Eric Van Lustbader--I'm an avid fan of Robert Ludlum since college years and have little idea on how good Eric Van Lustbader is as a writer but nonetheless, I will read this novel. This is based anyway on Ludlum's bestselling character Jason Bourne. :) (Update, 5/20/2012: I just found out that my Dad bought this book a few days ago. Yehey!)
  6. Trese Book 4: Last Seen After Midnight by Budjette Tan
Argh! Actually, I still have 20 books in my cabinet that I haven't read yet. I don't really know when will I be able to finish them all but, I'll probably save it for next year. :)
****************************************************************************************
Photo credit: http://www.bbcicecream.com/blog/2011/10/26/1q84-haruki-murakami/

2 comments:

  1. Nainggit naman ako sa 'yo lola haids. Ako wala pang nababasang libro this year! Hehe. Good luck sa to-read project mo the rest of the year! mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. salamat, mama baby. :D kelangan ko na kasing magbasa-basa para makatulong sa thesis ko. hehehe. miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Followers